The Western Digital Caviar SE hard drive gives you 250 GB of storage in a package that is quiet, fast, and runs cooler than most hard drives on the market. Even at a rotational speed of 7,200 RPM the drive can maintain low operating temperatures and low power consumption. The 8 MB buffer also provides high performance caching for faster speeds and improved system functions.
This hard drive is as quiet as it is fast, with noise minimized to levels nearly below the human hearing threshold using WhisperDrive technology. Soft Seek technology is employed to minimize seek noise by streamlining read/write seek algorithms. All this means that your hard drive will operate efficiently and quietly while in use, allowing you to enjoy games, video, and music without the distraction of loud hardware.
The Caviar SE drive comes with Data Lifeguard Tools, a suite of software that works with the built-in Data Lifeguard technology to simplify the process of installation, drive management, and repair. Data Lifeguard continually monitors your system to help with shock protection, environmental protection, error detection and repair, and automatically finds, isolates, and repairs any detected problems. The built-in Shock Guard feature gives you shock and vibration protection to protect your data in case of high shock or sudden movement. These data protection enhancements add up to a more secure, reliable system without the worry.
- EIDE - Enhanced integrated drive electronics (EIDE), also called Parallel ATA (PATA), hard drives have been the standard in the computer industry for more than 10 years.
- Reliability - We understand the importance of your data, and we are committed to protecting that data with exceptionally reliable products, advanced data protection technology and superior customer support.
- Cool - Keeping the drive cool enhances reliability. WD continues to develop new and innovative ways to keep drives cool while they are operating.
- Quiet - The technology that Tom's Hardware Guide called "very fast and nearly silent" is used throughout this family of drives. Our WhisperDrive?technology minimizes noise to levels near the threshold of human hearing. To cut seek noise, SoftSeek?technology streamlines read/write seeking algorithms, resulting in more efficient operation.
- NoTouch?ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit. (Available on 120 GB capacities and above)
- Compatible - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab?and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systemss.
|Manufacturer Part #
|Data Transfer Rate
(H x W x D)
|4 in x 5.8 in x 1 in|
||1 Year Warranty |
||NOS (New Old Stock)|
|Includes in the Box
||Sealed Bulk Pack||