The TowerRAID TR5UTP is a 5-bay hardware RAID 5 storage tower that utilizes high performance USB 3.0 and eSATA interfaces to provide over 200MB/s in performance. The included USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with widely available USB 2.0 ports, which is a convenient feature when both USB 3.0 and eSATA connections are unavailable. With built-in RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5 with hot-spare and JBOD, the TR5UTP provides hardware RAID redundancy protection against hard drive failures. A brand new RAID mode, CLONE or N-Way Mirror, is also introduced to replicate the saved data throughout each installed hard drive. The RAID engine is embedded within the enclosure and performs all RAID parity calculation to reduce CPU utilization from the host PC. RAID controller cards are unnecessary.
To satisfy the need for performance demanding applications, the unit is bundled with a 2-port PCIe 2.0 x1 eSATA controller card with SATA 6.0 Gbps (6G) support (RR622 controller card). PCIe 2.0 is capable of providing twice the bandwidth of PCIe 1.0, allowing over 200MB/s in performance. The unit is also backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots to provide eSATA connectivity for computers that do not have built-in eSATA ports. The TR5UTP is the ultimate RAID storage for all storage needs.
- Hardware RAID, supporting RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, JBOD, Clone and hot spare disk.
- Over 200MB/s read and 170MB/s write performance.
- eSATA and USB 3.0 interface.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- Bundled SATA 6.0Gbps PCIe 2.0 x1 controller card, support PCIe 2.0 with over 200MB/s performance.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slot is supported.
- True hardware RAID design within the enclosure, no driver and no additional RAID controller needed.
- New Clone mode (N-way Mirror) - all the hard drives connected will be mirrored. Clone mode is especially useful when users would like to copy data form one hard drive to several hard drives at the same time.
- Supports SATA I (1.5Gb/s) and SATA II (3Gb/s) hard drives.
- Over 2TB per volume via eSATA and USB on OS that support 2TB and above.
- Automatic insertion / removal detection and rebuild.
- Hardware RAID with standard Interface. No extra drivers required.
- Compact, stylish 5 bay tower design with protective ventilating cover.
||5 Hot-Swappable 3.5" Trayless|
||0, 1, 10, 3, 5, Clone (N-way Mirror) with Hot Spare and JBOD|
|Host Interface & Transfer Rate
||USB 3.0 (backward compatible with USB 2.0) and eSATA |
||4 x 3.5" ± SATA I/ SATA II|
||3.15" Ball Bearing Fan|
||150W (115V - 230V Switchable)|
||Activity with Fail LED, Power LED|
||6.0"W x 8.25"H x 11.0"D|
||CE, FCC, UL, RoHS|
||1 Year Warranty |
Sans Digital TR5UTP 5-bay USB 3.0 / eSATA RAID Subsystem (1)
Hard Drive Trays (5)
Power Cord (1)
eSATA Cable (1)
USB 3.0 Cable (1)
PCIe 2.0 x1 2-Port eSATA 6Gbps Controller Card (1)
Screws (1 set)
Quick Installation Manual & CD (1)