MaxDigitalData (MD6TB6472E) 6TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive delivers the world’s first hermetically sealed, helium hard drive, the MD6TB6472E 6TB HDD massive scale-out envi- ronments. Why does helium make a difference? Helium has only one-seventh the density of air. Replacing air with helium inside a hard drive dramatically reduces the turbulence caused by the spinning disks, cuts power consumption and results in a lower temperature within the disk drive.
The reduction in turbulence for the spinning disk allows HDD to deliver a seven-disk design in a traditional 3.5-inch form factor. In addition to being the world’s first helium-filled hard drive, This design provides a 50% capacity gain and still reduces the energy needed to run the drive by up to 23%.
- Helium-filled hard drive
- Industry-first 6TB capacity in a standard
- 3.5-inch form factor
- TCOptimized design delivers on key elements of data center TCO: capacity, power, cooling and storage density
- SATA 6Gb/s Interface
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) options for HDD-level data security
- High-density data centers
- Massive scale-out data centers
- Containerized data centers
- Nearline storage applications
- Enterprise and data center applications where density and capacity are paramount
TCOptimized – Driving Down Data Center TCO with Helium
The amount of data that companies need to store is growing exponentially, but IT budgets remain flat. With 6TB, a low 5.3 idle watts, a reduced weight of 640g, and running at 4-5°C cooler, the new HDD lowers data center total cost of ownership (TCO) on virtually every level.